And not only that, but Paul Finkleman of the Ink Spot Collective (and member of the Calgary slam team in 2010 and 2014) will be offering his expertise and experience to help student poets improve their writing.
The workshop is free and is open to any student poets in the Calgary area.
The very rough and guess-timated schedule for the day is as follows:
- developing a unique perspective
- finding your voice
- writing with concrete details
- avoiding cliches
- suggestions and strategies for writing group poems
- write a group poem with other poets from your school
- perform a group poem with other poets from your school
There will be signs in the building guiding you to the classrooms we’re using, and you can drop in whenever you want and stay as long as you like. Oh, and did I mention that we’ll have snacks?
Because we will have snacks. And we’ll be sharing them with any poets who attend.
We hope to see you then!